Country Oldies (was: Companion Radio)

> Meant to mention this last night: Probably is coming from atop the
Old
> Soldiers' Home atop Admirals Hill in Chelsea.
>
> -Sean

Sitting here writing reports until my fingers fall off today.  Zipping
around the audio channels on the DISH Network.  (Not a single schmaltz
spot or big-boy liner in the bunch.)  One that I've, very
surprisingly, logged some TSLs today is Channel 951 ("CD 2") Country
Classics.  (There, I said it.)  Some cuts I've not heard since the old
Philco on the Norge:  When, Kalin Twins | My World, Eddy Arnold | From
a Jack to a King, Ned Miller | Blue Kentucky Girl, Loretta Lynn |
<something> by Jean Shepard | Here Comes My Honey Again, Sonny James |
Is This Me, Jim Reeves | Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young; Faron Young.
Other than the country oldies on WKLB on Sundays (which just doesn't
make the trip to Lake Champlain) there's no way to hear this niche on
the air.  Perhaps satellite radio will get it done, afterall?  And if
it kicks serious butt to local broadcasters (oxymoron at this point),
I _can_ care less, and probably will.

But by then I will be in _that_ demographic that matters less even
though I can spend more <g> (tip of the cans to another string running
on that topic).

Bill [My Dog Got Run Over by My Stolen Pick-up] O'Neill