Re: Fox51/Portland to switch to the WB

"Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net> wrote:

> Why would they make this change? <

I think the demographics issue raised by Pegasus is a smokescreen; the WB
probably paid dearly to steal the FOX affiliations.  Also, FOX has been
notorious for strong-arming its affiliates at renewal time to kick in money
for NFL rights fees.  I doubt PAX O&O WMPX is up for grabs; PAX minority owner
NBC and Gannett (which has an LMA to operate the station out of WCSH-TV/6)
would have something to say about that.  It has a killer signal, though, and
it would be a much more lucrative network for Channel 6 to sell in combination
with its market-leading NBC affiliate.

Take care,
Chris