Re: Fox51/Portland to switch to the WB

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Beckwith" <beckwith@ime.net>
To: "Boston Radio Interest" <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:08 AM
Subject: Fox51/Portland to switch to the WB

> According to Cynthia Turner's Cynopsis the change is to occur on Sunday
> October 7th.
>
> The receptionist at WPXT/WPME verified the story but couldn't say where
the
> Fox programming was headed.

Why would they make this change?  Isn't there a significant difference
between Fox ratings and WB ratings nationally?   Isn't much of the WB
programming aimed at an African American audience?  African Americans make
up about 1% of the Maine population.  And most importantly, where will I be
able to watch "King of the Hill"?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine