WPXT Dropping FOX; Rabbit-Ears

Issue ONE: (a la John McLaughlin)

Just saw an item on WLBZ NewsCenter2 at 5 that WPXT Channel 51 Portland
is planning on dropping FOX and shifting to WB Network. The story claims
that Fox-51 was searching for a "younger audience".  Any guesses who
will take over FOX for Portland, as well as much of the rest of Maine
via Cable? I presume cable viewers would see Fox programming from its
National feed, or maybe out of FOX25 Boston??

Second: Ah good old rabbit ears. Mine work great on FM. I shortened the
arm to about 30 inches, as mentioned in an earlier post, and I get good
stereo reception on high power stations from Portland to St.John NB when
oriented in NE/SW position.

Radio Shack used to sell a special FM-only RabbitEars antenna with
adjustable switch for about $15 back in the 70s and 80s, which I used
for years. I don't see it listed on their website or catalog
anymore..just the amplified ones.

Finally..Don't go with the "plug-in antennas".
As mentioned before, they can be deadly/ Also they occasionally
advertise in magazines claiming all sorts of miraculous reception, Just
junk.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine