Time for the yearly netiquette reminder....

<<On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:26:32 -0400, several people did things like
this:

[two-line reply]

[ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-FIVE LINES of irrelevant quotation]

Folks:

When you reply to someone else's message, ONLY quote those specific
parts of the original message to which you are specifically replying.
If you are replying to the whole message, or are starting a new
subject, or just want to agree with someone else's words, DON'T QUOTE
AT ALL.  Yes, I know that Outbreak Explodes makes this difficult -- if
it's too much trouble, get a different mail program!  (There are a
good number which aren't so broken, even for Windows and MacOS, such
as Eudora and Mulberry.)

Furthermore, the text which you are quoting belongs *above* your words
and not below.

There are many people who read this mailing-list in digest form,
whether by mail or through the archives on the Web, and having to wade
through huge volumes of unnecessary quotation makes it much more
difficult for them to participate than it should be.  Unlike some
other mailing-lists, I don't have the time to personally edit every
posting which arrives; I depend on the cooperation of you, the
contributors, to make this forum informative and useful for everyone
who wishes to participate.

Thank you for your attention.

-GAWollman