Re: 530 AM Frequency

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> > Radio Vision Christiana, Turks and Caicos Islands West Indies.
>
> This station was famously off-frequency for many years.  If you're
> actually hearing them on 530 even I suppose it means that they've
> fixed that.

What's even funnier is that on the legal ID, the station would say this:

Radio Vision Christiana 535 AM, Turks and Caicos Islands when the station
was broadcasting on 535 instead of 530 AM.

Can you imagine a domestic station saying "WXXX AM 1285" when they're
licenced to AM 1280?  The FCC would be on them in a New York minute.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few