Re: Ted O'Brien found

At 12:48 PM 9/4/01 -0400, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>I haven't gone through all my mail yet, but in case it hasn't been
>written about, Ted has been found and he's okay

By chance I was watching NECN when O'Brien had a news conference.  While I
am pleased for O'Brien and his family that there was a happy ending, the
utter stupidity of the man by attempting a hike in unfamiliar territory,
without adequate preparation, is mind boggling.  A lot of folks put their
lives on the line in the rescue effort.  Unfortunately, there is no law
against being dumb.  I do hope that NH Fish and Game sends him a bill for
the cost of the rescue.

Dan Cole