Re: Re: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

Or WQSX Lawrence-Boston hushed under a 'whoosh' sound at the :50 stopset.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

fitzradio@the-spa.com wrote:
> >I would argue that "WRKO, Boston's news talk  leader", is fine.

I disagree, the law clearley states that the legal be blah blah followed by
the principal community as stated on the license. Well WRKO's licesne does not
show "Boston's".

In this day and age of clearchannel and such, the "legal ID" is not something
most stations are proud of anymore, and consider a nusance. Take WAAF for instance..
you hear WAAF (then in much softer quicker tone) wista (then slower and louder)
BOSTON. "AN ENTERCOM BOSTON STATION". So it sounds like WAAF wista BOSTON!

Very few stations these days really care about their coverage. Adam Rivers mentioned
how WKNE-FM uses the "KNE-FM 103.7" Slogan and the legal ID. But as an avid
listener of the station, They do the legal ID Adam mentioned about 4-5 times
an hour.

Just my $.00002 (After taxes)

--Mike