Re: Local Political Coverage

----- Original Message -----
From: RadioTony@aol.com
To: billo@shoreham.net ; lawyer@attorneyross.com ; tklaundry@juno.com
Cc: DonKelley@aol.com ; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Local Political Coverage

I ran for Boston City Council at-Large in 1997 and I was furious when
both
WBZ and WRKO refused to allow me to run any radio ads! They said they
didn't
want to give discounted rates for candidates, as required by law. I
then
requested what the regular rates were and both stations told me that
they
weren't going to air my ads even if I paid the corporate rate! Of
course,
times were good in radio advertising then ...

>In a message dated 9/1/01 10:10:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>billo@shoreham.net writes:

>WBZ wouldn't even take ads from local candidates running for office!
Talk
>about management decision to ignore an election!

Wrong attribution, I'm afraid.  I didn't write that.

Bill O'Neill