Re: this week in review

"Hi We're Clear Channel. We are going to own every station in this market"

I will add this- not as a radio worker but as a listener, I DO kinda
appreciate the variety being a rock radio listener, there is always a
station playing a song i like. Of course if I find myself enjoying a song
on that Clear Channel crap I make sure to flip back to the real station as
soon as the song is done :)

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Norm Rosen wrote:

> If there's a radio hell, it must be in Bangor
>
> Jeremy Mixer wrote:

> > > Well, that depends on how you view things.  I know that some people
> > > consider every little variance of rock music to be a separate format,
> > > but to me it seems there are a lot of stations playing rock and very
> > > few playing anything else.  To me, that is a lot of duplication and
> > > very little variety.
> >
> > I disagree- it seems that there is a large and growing audience for
> > rock...... here in Bangor, we have my workplace, WKIT- playing mostly
> > classic rock with a regular rotation of some currents, nothing too heavy
> > though, but rock and blues-rock mostly and songs like "It's Been Awhile".
> > Currents are played 3-4 times an hour.
> >
> > Clear Channel has 2 rock stations, one in Bangor and one in Augusta. WFZX
> > plays classic rock only, and plays much less of a variety then we ever
> > have with a very corperate orientated playlist (WKIT plays a lot of songs
> > I've never heard a classic rock station play, but they are still top
> > requested songs here) but there are people that prefer the same 3-4 songs
> > from Zeppelin, ACDC etc and minus the mellower rock like Elton John,
> > etc.......then there's WTOS in Augusta/Skowhegan.....they play about
> > 35-40% classic rock with modern rock taking the rest of the clock.....and
> > they will play the old metallica, tool, godsmack, pink floyd,
> > etc.........and keep it pretty heavy. All three of thse stations did a
> > decent job in the ratings, I was worried that with all that rock there
> > wasn't enough of an audience to make things work well.
> >
> > And once the school year starts this week, WHSN, the Husson College
> > station operated by the New England School of Communications, will be
> > broadcasting once again, playing alternative rock.....so there's a fourth
> > station with a rock format.....
> >
> > Jeremy
> > WKIT

Jeremy