Re: An interesting morning in Radio DXing.....

Hi,

Because of call letter ( and to an extent format) musical chairs
it get's confusing.
After WLIR 92.7 becoming WDRE in 1987, they switched it back to WLIR in
1996,
with the relay continuing on 98.5 Westhampton Beach. Both Class A's
Soon after, the calls for 98.5 were WDRE.
97.5 is WALK, licensed to Patchogue has a pretty good signal in Brooklyn
and Queens.