Re: An interesting morning in Radio DXing.....

98.5 WDRE in Westhampton is the translator for 92.7 WLIR, which is based out
of Garden City.  When the Underground Network finally folded several years
ago, the owners flipped 92.7 to WLIR with its new wave/dance/alternative
format, but they wanted to keep the WDRE calls within their system so they
applied to have them assigned to the translator at 98.5 -- which has been
rebroadcasting the 92.7 signal for at least 8 or 9 years now (could be
longer, I just don't know how long, but that's as long as I've been aware of
it).

According to the FCC database, 98.5 only broadcasts at 6kW.