Re: this week in review....

On 26 Aug 2001, at 11:42, Dan Billings wrote:

> IMHO, using the percentage of audience to limit station ownership is a
> silly standard.  Using that standard a company that operates their stations
> poorly and does not gain a large audience could own more stations than a
> successful company that gains a large audience.  Why does that make sense?
> I also have a problem with any administration making up their own limits
> when the law enacted by Congress already estavlishes a standard.

Congress also established a standard in the anti-trust laws concerning
market concentration.  If Congress had meant the Telecommunications
Act to supercede the anti-trust laws, they could have said so.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com