Re: Impressive Broadcast Tower Sites

What has to be a wonderful AM site in CA is almost brand
new (built but no license to cover has yet been
granted). Infinity's KMJ Fresno, which used to be (well,
still officially is) 580 kHz 5 kW ND-U from a site west
of Fresno is moving about 40 miles to a site east of
Fresno and increasing to 50 kW-U DA-1 using four almost
half-wave towers in a parallelogram array. The towers
are, I believe, 840' high. I'd like to see pictures. I
think the site is in high desert with mountains not far
away to the east.

In total height, KMJ's towers still don't equal the
number of feet of steel in the air at KENR (or is it ex-
KENR?) in Houston. Far as I can tell, this is the record
holder for feet of steel in the air among US AM's. Nine
210-degree towers at 1070 (each tower is 530' high) plus
two shorter ones. Very close to a mile of steel total.