"Newsboys" Show?

Several old-timers with whom I correspond asked me about a show that used
to be on the old WMEX in the late 30s and also during the 40s.  It was
called something like the "Newsboys Show" and featured local talent... it
obviously had some tie to newspapers... but I can't find out anything else
about the show.  Does it ring any bells with anyone on this list, or does
anybody have relatives who might have performed on this program?