Re: Layoffs at WCVB??... WMURS website

<<On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:29:18 -0400, "NH RADIO" <NHradio@mailandnews.com> said:

> I dont know how many other people on the list know this. But theyve changed
> the WMUR website to:

> http://www.thewmurchannel.com

> Like thebostonchannel.com

And like thekcrachannel.com (shouldn't that be ``3.com''?),
theneworleanschannel.com, theiowachannel.com, and all of the other
Hearst-Argyle Web sites.  It's an HTV corporate consultant thing, just
like the standardized formatting of all of their newscasts.  There
used to be a few HTV stations that didn't use it; it looks like they
have been brought into line.  This is actually a service of a company
called Internet Broadcasting System (<http://www.ibsys.com/>);
non-Hearst stations use the service as well.

For the record, that's:

Station		Slogan				Domain Name
 8 KCCI		Iowa's News Leader		theiowachannel.com
 3 KCRA		Where the News Comes First	thekcrachannel.com
29 KCWE		(duopoly with KMBC)		thekansascitychannel.com/kcwetv
 7 KETV		?				theomahachannel.com
40/29 KHBS/KHOG	Live, Local, Latebreaking	thehometownchannel.com
 4 KITV		24-Hour News Source		thehawaiichannel.com
 9 KMBC		Coverage You Can Count On	thekansascitychannel.com
 7 KOAT		Coverage You Can Count On	thenewmexicochannel.com
 5 KOCO		Live, Local, Latebreaking	channeloklahoma.com
 8 KSBW		Coverage You Can Count On	theksbwchannel.com
58 KQCA		(duopoly with KCRA)		thekcrachannel.com/kqcatv/
16 WAPT		Building Our Station Around You	thejacksonchannel.com
11 WBAL-TV	Live, Local, Latebreaking	thewbalchannel.com
12 WBOY		(as yet unassimilated)		wboy.com
 6 WDSU		We're Building WDSU Around You	theneworleanschannel.com
 2 WESH		?				newschannel2000.com
 8 WGAL		Coverage You Can Count On	thewgalchannel.com
12 WISN-TV	Life, Local, Latebreaking	themilwaukeechannel.com
32 WLKY		Where The News Comes First	thelouisvillechannel.com
 5 WLWT		First, Fast, Accurate		channelcincinnati.com
32 WMOR-TV	?				moretv32.com
 9 WMUR		No One Knows N.H. Like We Do	thewmurchannel.com
25 WPBF-TV	Your Local News Source		thewpbfchannel.com
 5 WPTZ		Coverage You Can Count On	thechamplainchannel.com
31 WNNE	     Hometown Coverage You Can Count On	thechamplainchannel.com/wnne/
 4 WTAE-TV	?				thepittsburghchannel.com
12 WXII		?				thepiedmontchannel.com
 4 WYFF		Live, Local, Breaking News	thecarolinachannel.com

If you look at all of these, you'll see that there are about three
basic designs, and the opportunities for customization are there but
not all that substantial.  Oh, and WBOY, for whatever reason, hasn't
(yet) joined the fun.

-GAWollman