Re: Layoffs at WCVB??

Chronicle is consistantly the top-rated 7:30 show in Boston. Chances of
'CVB cancelling it? Next to nothing.

(The cuts will probably be more along the lines of those mentioned
earlier: Combining some operations with 'MUR, eliminating some freelance
positions, cutting back on the number of live shots and long-distance live
shots requiring satellite time, etc)

--Scott--

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Larry Stanton wrote:

> > 1.  Chronicle cancelled, most of its staff fired
>
> This, IMHO, would be a horrible loss for Boston TV and I would probably
> stop watching CVB for good if they cancel Chronicle. I know that this show
> has been on the air forever, I have no idea what it's ratings are, but
> it's a superb demonstration of local TV at it's finest and it's one of
> the few shows I'll actually watch on a network station (aside from local
> news). You can bet if this happens they'll fill the slot with some
> reality-tv-extreme-gameshow palp, and I'll program 5 right out of
> my channel lineup. Grrrrrrr

Scott J. Saloway
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.