Re: shake-up at WNEW?

Hi Sean/Richard :

Yes, Leslie's contract expires at the end of August
and she's not being renewed although she helped WNEW
to climb into 3rd place between 10am-3pm(they were
17th before she arrived).

Gold's departure allows Infinity to do some shaking
with their syndicated shows : Ron(Bennigton)and
Fez(Whatley) will supposedly move to nights at WNEW-FM.
(so the tape-delay on WTKK will be cut down in half).
On a bigger scale, Don Geronimo and Mike Meara will also
move their syndicated show into the midday slot clearing
the way for WJFK-FM to carry O&A live in DC and WNEW
to carry them live in NYC because Gold's out and Ron+Fez
will be on at night. The moves are not finalized yet and
Gold's still on the air for a couple more weeks. Meanwhile,
she's telling her listeners that Mel should build a shrine to
her and Butchie after what they've done for WNEW ratings...
I am sure she will be heard from again...

 (which aren't finalized yet) stem from the recent syndication deal
for Opie
and Anthony, WNEW's No. 1 show. Pay attention, now: To get Opie (Gregg Hughes) and Anthony
(Cumia) live during afternoon drives on WJFK/106.7 FM, the No.1 talk station in Washington, owner
Infinity Broadcasting will move Don Geronimo and Mike Meara's afternoon show to middays. Which
means G. Gordon Liddy will be fired from his midday slot. Also, Don and Mike go live middays at
WNEW, which means Ron (Bennington) and Fez (Whatley) move to evenings

is launching their new syndicated Hot Talk line-up