Re: Let's Talk About Transmitters, part 2

> At 11:45 PM -0400 7/22/01, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:
> >
> >I think the point was to confuse people...and make some kind of
impression
> >on unwitting people.  I think there are some people who will hear Ch 4's
ad
> >and think they are #1 in the ratings...i.e..the most viewers.
> >
> I think this all only matters if you are a sheep.  Do you watch a
> program because a lot of other people watch that program, or do you
> watch it because it's the program you want to watch?

Or if the ad agencies et al THINK you are sheep.

Just look at how Beer is sold...or any of the multitude of "image" products.
Cars, etc.

Nothing in the commercial about the beer...

   ...except that if you drink brand X  =  fun, good looking girls, sports
and verility.

They seem to know what things will make the sheep walk to the grazing
pasture...

Just my $.02

Joe

(I think in the case of the Manchester ratings ad, the WBZ PRomo...and they
WLAW brochure.....they are probably trying to convince the agencies that
they are "Winners" in some sense...more than the public.)