Red Sox On WSMN

   The Lowell Sun noted in it's sports section the other day that WSMN (1590
Nashua, NH) is now carrying Red Sox baseball games as of this week. WSMN
passed on carrying the Nashua Pride minor league baseball games this year.
IIRC, they stated the reasons for passing on the Pride games included the
money the Pride wanted for broadcast rights plus the difficulty of selling
ads for the game broadcasts.

     I wonder if they'll have a hard time selling spots for Sox games? WGIR
(610 Manchester) has had Sox games for several years and even though they
drop from 5KW to 1KW after sunset, they still put a decent night signal into
Nashua IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some Nashua area
advertisers filling the local avails. Is WSMN wasting their time and money
(they have to pay to carry Sox games, right??) or edging closer to an all
bird feed sports station? And jumping aboard in mid-season, too.

Mark Watson