Re: Re: WNSH 1570 back on (again!)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Dan Billings wrote:

> The "Real Country" network is also on WMCM 103.3 Rockland, Maine.  The
> network plays all the current country hits, but also plays older country
> songs that you would never hear on most country stations.  It is a nice
> contrast to all the other country stations in the state.
>
> WMCM for the last couple of years has had live, local morning and afternoon
> shows during the week, with the satellite programming running the rest of
> the time.  I have noticed that recently that the network is running in
> afternoons. I wonder if this is Clear Channel cut back?

DJ McCoy, the morning host, was one of my instructors at NESCom (and a
very good instructor at that- if there is anyone who really set me on the
right foot and gave me great pointers, it was him..... a very wise, smart,
and talented man) and last time I talked to him he told me that since CC
bought the station they had cut out the live afternoon stuff to save
money, but he was glad that they didn't cut out his show and very
thankful. (obviously)