Re: Country radio (was WNSH 1570 back on (again!))

Very true...at least some stations do have country
oldies shows, like what WKLB does on Sunday mornings.
A chance to hear the artists that inspired the
current artists... And you might hear the original
version of a song currently being covered (for
example, recently an artist whose name escapes me
at the moment covered the Statler Brothers' "Flowers
on the Wall"...Such a show would play the original.)

And speaking of covers, I was talking recently with
a fellow radio buff and I said, "Imagine two parents
driving their kid somewhere, and Oldies 103 is playing
J. Frank Wilson's 'Last Kiss'. The kid says, 'Oh,
wow, they're covering Pearl Jam..." Could happen!