RE: Trojan ads

Kevin Vahey pondered:
<<Do you expose your kidlets to the horrors of Joe and Jerry and the
 Olde Towne Team?>>

Kevin...

   yeah, occasionally, i will subject my young son, Connor, 8 years old with
great speed down the first base line, to the harsh reality of life.  brand
me not a cruel parent.  for those of us born and raised north of I-84 know
all too well that following the perils of the Olde Towne Team builds
strength and character.  and that the announcers who bring the game to us,
in all of its PG-13 gore, weave a smooth fabric of descriptive comfort in
which we can envelope ourselves whilst drifting into unsettled slumber - the
only redeeming factor of such is that the dream usually begins with "The
World Champion Boston Red Sox," just prior to The Green Monster rearing its
hind quarters and flashing its dastardly message in morse code using the red
and green "Balls & Strikes" lights:  NOT IN THIS LIFETIME.
   it is usually about then that Joe will acknowledge Stephen King seated
along the first base line...

- -Chuck Igo