RE: Night Time BCB Skywave/Ground Wave Cancellation/Interaction

WGSR 1570 Fernandina Beach, FL - we have a salt water ground, we cover 600
miles of the SE coast during the day. At 25 miles away I notice some
cancellation (when catching the system not shifting from 10kw to 500w PSSA
listening at home). Our 187' shunt fed uniform cross section antenna is
mounted in salt/brackish water - a slough off of the convergence of the
Ameilia/St. Marys River not far from where it hits the ocean.

I have recordings of the station during my overnight DX tests (10kw NDA)
from Finland/Sweden. Using communication receivers and long wire antennae,
WGSR reception is really good out there, little fading (winter DX season)...
Reception tapes from California, Oregon, and Alberta prove to be a different
story with varying degrees of fading, signal comes and goes...

An interesting listen for radio geeks is the cancellation of WLLH Lowell
washing against Lawrence, MA in the areas generally in N. Tewkesbury toward
(NW) Andover and the Dracut/Methuen Line with thier synchronous facilities
on 1400, 1kw.

Ron Gitschier
Jacksonville, FL