Re: Attleboro Sun Chronicle Article About the Demise of "Local" Radio

At 12:22 PM 7/9/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>ok but not overwhelming...I theorize that between groundwave and skywave,
>there's a reverse 'halo" in their nighttine coverage...it was

That's a skip zone.

It's the area just outside a station's groundwave that is too close for
skywave.  When I used to go back and forth between Boston and NYC, there
was always a dead zone for Boston and NYC stations somewhere around
south-central MA.

Other evidence of skip zones:  My sometimes lack of reception of Radio
Canada International;  on some frequencies, Sackville is too close, the
signal bounces right over me.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net