Re: So long, AT&T Broadband...hello Comcast!

From: "Larry Weil" <kc1ih@mediaone.net>

> They can't be any worse than AT&T.  When they were MediaOne, at least you
> were able to get decent technical assistance, but AT&T just closed down
the
> Chelmsford office, and are now outsourcing technical assistance to Texas
> and Canada.  Try to get someone there to actually know that your local
node
> is out!

Recently with the AT&T price/package changes....trying to get someone on the
other end who even knows the pricing/packaging scheme has been difficult.

They have so many intertwined packages now...with digital...you can get
this...but you have to order that, etc.

The women I had on the phone was clueless as to what I was currenly
recieving...never mind explain to me the upgrade/downgrade options!

After spending 20 minutes with her that were a waste of time (oh, wait a
minute, yeah, no, wait a minute...No you have the gold package..is it still
called that?) asking her about choices...she kept trying to sell me
upgrades.  "So you WANT to order HBO East-Family-Signature..."  I kept
saying "No...I'm simply inquiring as to how my bill would increase if I
did."

What I really was checking out was the cost of adding the one main  HBO
channel...I didn't want the other 4-5 HBO's...and didn't want a "package"
deal.

I finally said to this women...."Where are you located"...and she said
"Minnisota"!

JP