Mrs Lemelin's back yard and what Donna found there...

THIS IS A RE-SEND.  I SENT THE ORIGINAL AT 3 PM TODAY AND EVIDENTLY IT
DIDN'T GET TO THE LIST.  MY APOLOGIES IF IT ENDS UP ARRIVING TWICE.

SO it turns out the remnants of the WNAC transmitter are all over one
neighbourhood in Quincy, and I have the pictures to prove it.  The shack
still stands, as do various cement blocks, and whatever you call those
things that held the guy wires-- wow, what a massive installation that must
have been.  Lucky for me, when the tower was torn down and new homes built,
the people who moved into them are still there, and were very amused that I
wanted to traipse through their back yards with my husband to take pictures
of something from the "good old days."  State of the art in 1931, obsolete
by the late 40s, yet there were remants in FIVE different people's back
yards!!!  I gotta say it's bizarre to see a flower garden in a neighbour's
yard and in the midst of it are cement blocks from what used to be a
transmitter site... talk about creative use of space and working around a
problem!   One lady has the concrete base and the moorings for guy wires
occupying a corner of her driveway-- and again, if you didn't know what the
thing was, it now has flowers and shrubbery growing around it...  I don't
wanna send pictures to the list, since not everybody can receive them, but
if you do wanna see the scanned photos of what remains from WNAC's venture
into Squantum, let me know off-list and I can send the files to you.

I also have scanned files of what remains of the old WMEX transmitter on
the salt marsh in West Squantum.  Ah the things we do for history.