Re: Re: WEVD sale

I bet NYC already has MORE than 3 talk stations! WNYC...are they not at least a part-time talk station? What about any NPR affiliate(s)? What about any foriegn language talk stations?

NYC (like Boston or any other markets) needs what people will listen to....I'd be willing to bet that if NYC can support 3 sports stations, then it'll have 3 sports stations.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
> NYC needs 3 talk stations, but does NOT need 3 sports stations.....
Remember folks, sports-talk is not anywhere nearly as intellectually
stimulating as the better talk stations.  'Talk' is often of community or
national interest.  Sports is not. Aside from trash-talk programs on talk
stations, the worst talk station is better than the best sports-talk station.

---jibguy

In a message dated 6/28/01 4:11:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,