BBC WS stops shortwave broadcasts to US (foolish)

     I think there was some kind of special "feel" to
listening to the BBC World Service direct via SW
rather than listening to it on somebody's SAP or via
the internet.  Both SAP (for the most part) and live
Internet audio streaming are still somewhat of a
"stationary" medium.
     Shortwave, on the other hand, goes with you
anywhere your little heart desires.  I find it very
hard to purchase a portable radio with SAP-TV audio.
It not exactly your run-of-the-mill type of portable
radio.
     The BBC has made a big blunder in dumping the
North American service of the WS.  The Internet is
still NOT an exact science (the perfect Internet is
still years away from now.)
     9 times out of 10 (prior to this BBC shutdown),
you would be able to get the BBC fairly well on even
the worst propagation paths.  But, Auntie Beeb has
spoken.  "Boy, what a revolting development this
is.....".

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
(Regular BBC listener since 8/69)