Re: Jackass,Viacom&CBS

In a message dated 6/2/01 11:59:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dib9@gwi.net
writes:

<< The idea that a judge, a
 politician, or bureaucrat would set the standards is scarier to me than
 every station carrying Howard Stern. >>

The key to Dan's very valid statement here is "A" politician...etc.   But our
laws are almost never made by one person.  Usually its the full US Congress,
state congress & local Board of Selectmen or Mayor & staff.   -   Yes ONE
politician, ONE bureaucrat, ONE chancellor, etc  IS scary.     But Dan, don't
use that example, for in almost all cases, it never happens (excepting an
occasional judge) that way.
---jibguy