Re: William Pierce of WCRB

Wasn't William Pierce the regular announcer of the
Boston Symphony Orch. and also the announcer of
WGBH-TV and WGBX-TV? I remember WGBX (and maybe WGBH
as well) used to run a tape when they signed off in
which a song was played on a harpsichord (at least
it sounded like it; melody sounded almost like "A
Lover's Concerto" by the Toys). Pierce (or whomever
it was) mentioned the different organizations that
helped support WGBH/WGBX, and he added "for the funds
that keep us free, we also depend on private
contributions".

I bumped into that "sign off" more than a few times
while switching channels.