Re: some "Lost 45s"...

On Wed, 30 May 2001 15:48:10 -0400 "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
> I imagine some PD's would be afraid to air it....fear of someone
> writing
> down WOLD in an arbitron diary!
>
> I remember Dale playing the song...and instead of announcing it as
> W-O-L-D...he said "That's Harry Chapin and "wold"" (pronouncing it
> as a
> word).  I remember seeing the 45 in a record store before I knew the
> song
> wondering what song this "wold" was....
>
> When Harry would do a concert in a town with a radio station
> sponsorship...he would sing the final verse with the stations call
> letters.
> Most memrable was when the last verse he sang in Providence was "I
> am the
> morning DJ at W-P-R-O-o-o-o!"
>
> The crowd cheered!

IIRC Harry did special tracks for some major market stations, on his
Greatest Stories LP it was KHJ and I believe he did one for WRKO as well.

In every concert of his that I went to he would insert the calls of a
station in that local market.

df