Re: Joe Moakley coverage

On Tue, 29 May 2001 15:40:20 -0400 "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
> Now....does the Governor (swift) get to appoint his replacement?
>
> ???
>
> And wouldn't that shift things back after the Jeffords fefection?
>
> ???
>
> JP

No, Acting Governor Swift has to call a special election to fill
Congressman Moakley's seat, but when she calls it is entirely up to her.
  I heard on BZ this afternoon that President Bush, Senator Clinton will
attend the funeral and that Former President Clinton is trying to make
arrangements to return to the US from his speaking tour to attend as
well.

df