WLAM is OFF THE AIR according to.....

In Maine again today..... listening to WBAE-1490 (which has got to have the
BEST 1kw signal of any graveyarder)......

WBAE is "welcoming former WLAM listeners" by cherrfully announcing that WLAM
is gone and off the air.

Umm....  I thought that WLAM-1470-Lewiston was still playing adult standards
music on the air, and those 1470 and 1490 signals' perimeters overlap greatly
northwest of Portland (and southeast of Lewiston).   Seems to me, its a
less-than-totally-honest description of the competition in PART of
WLAM/WBAE's coverage area.
-------jibguy