Re: Joe Moakley coverage

 Donna Halper wrote:

> When the passing of Cong. Moakley was announced,it did not take long for
>all our local TV stations to devote large portions of their newscasts to >
>remembrances of him.

   WCVB Channel 5 devoted most of it's 5 to 6:30 PM news block to coverage
and reaction of Congressman Moakley's passing, including a nice tribute
piece from Special Correspondent Clark Booth and a replay of Natalie
Jacobson's interview with Mr. Moakley  which took place shortly after he
announced his terminal illness in Febuary. They also pre-empted tonight's
"Chronicle" in order to air a half-hour special on Mr. Moakley's life and
political career.

   WBZ Channel 4 devoted  less time to the story, but Senior Correspondent
John Henning did a fine job on his remembrances.

   WHDH Channel 7 did not have any early newscasts today as NBC had NBA
Basketball playoff coverage, but Channel 7 did interrupt the network for
almost 20 minutes of coverage around 5 PM.

  I did not tune into NECN to see how they covered Congressman Moakley's
passing.

  Mark Watson