Re: Headline News

Sean,

AT&T Digital Cable here in Salem (part of the whole Boston-North Head End),
has been running "outdoor sports updates", which I'm certain are sponsored,
in a "Bloomburg looking" screen format during that local part of the hour,
which seems to be adjacent to the top of the hour.  Too bad, I enjoyed the
human interest stuff Headline news has in that position.  Nothing like a
network announcer having to keep from losing it while setting up a package
on Pig calls or cow tipping.

At 06:52 AM 5/19/2001 -0400, Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
>I was just watching CNN Headline News this morning, and it seems they've
>radically changed the format, going back to having two hosts, the clock
>seems drastically different, and I also saw a spot where they said some
>viewers would be breaking away for local news. Anyone have the lowdown on
>all these changes? And are there many cable companies which are actually
>doing local insertions. (I can tell you SusCom here in York, PA, and
>Cablevision of Boston/Brookline are not.)
>
>-Sean

R.W. Chadwick
http://RichChadwick.com
617.747.4090