From: Jibguy@aol.com <Jibguy@aol.com>
To: lawyer@world.std.com <lawyer@world.std.com>;
boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
<boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>; dlh@donnahalper.com
<dlh@donnahalper.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: First time on the air

At my college radio station @ Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester
NY), (1967-71), women on the air was a common thing, and to my knowledge, no
one ever thought twice about it.   -   However, it wasn't common on
commercial radio at that time.  A woman on the air (such as "The Honey Bee"
[Jessica Savitch] on WBBF-950, was a novelty for commercial radio, and she
was) immensely popular.