Re: Interference issue

Hello Folks-
    I forgot to mention in my last post about the interference issue, that
stations must correct any problems in the first year IF such problems fall
within the station's 1000 mv/m (one thousand millivolt-per-meter) signal
range.   In which case, I'm sure Sean's parents' home is not within.
    The 1000 mv/m (a.k.a  1v/m) signal range for 1510 is about a mile or more
in each direction.  Lower-powered stations such as WJIB-740 have a shorter
distance. WJIB's goes about 3 city blocks.
    BTW,  740 has never rec'd a complaint of such in the 10 years I've had
it.  And no wonder, since the daytime power here is the equivalent of the
bursting and billowing forth of 250,000 simulataneous butterfly sneezes.
    1510 IS the most well-known interference-causer in the Boston area.
Much of WBZ's 1v/m range is over water.   WRKO & WEEI come in second and
third for interference.
----jibguy

In a message dated 5/11/01 7:04:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,