Re: Interference issue

<<On Fri, 11 May 2001 07:16:08 -0400, "Dan Strassberg" <Dan.Strassberg@att.net> said:

> the FCC's "Radio Caroline" version. I suspect that DeLorme uses a slightly
> different coordinate system from the FCC, and so did the engineers who built
> the (then) WNAC TX in the mid to late 30s.

DeLorme software uses the WGS84 (World Geodetic Survey 1984) datum,
the same one as GPS.  The FCC and USGS use the older NAD27 (North
American Datum 1927) which differs slightly (a second or so in most
places).  The FCC's application forms caution engineers to report
coordinates using the correct datum, but many people simply don't
understand the concept.

-GAWollman