Re: Corperate radio/Clear Channel

On Sun, 6 May 2001 15:57:32 -0400 "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
> Hi Jeremy, here's some points to ponder..
>
> From: "Jeremy Mixer" <mixer@zoso.net>
>
> > Corperate radio is evil. Period. I don't care what anyone says. I
> have
>
> "Corperate" is not necesarily a bad thing.  You speak the word  like
> it's a
> curse.  Corperate radio gave us Westinghouse, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.
> Places we
> ALL wanted to work at one time.
>
> Westinghouse was always known to be cheap..The big three were always
> know to
> be top-heavy and over controlling their stations from NYC.  (I
> remember that
> NBC HQ in NYC demanded that WKYS,  then an NBC O&O Disco FM station
> in DC,
> carry NBC hourly news every hour on the hour.

The difference between "corporate" radio back then and now is the number
of stations the new corporate radio controls.  Once was a time they were
limited to what, 8 ams and 8 fms across the country?, Now depending on
the market, they can probably find a way to own that many in a single
market!

As for turning the clock back, with the makeup of the FCC and congress it
will have to take some egregious act by a major owner to get the
attention of Washington, and even at that I think the chances are slim to
none and Slim is on a bus out of town.

df
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.