Re: Radio Disney Affiliates Told to Steer Clear of DreamWorks' Shrek

Disney affiliates don't create their own programming, but there are local
avails in the RD satellite feed.  Most have local GM's and sales staffs.
Apparently Dreamworks is offering big bucks to Radio Disney affiliates to
run spots for Shrek.  Most RD stations are owned by The Mouse anyway,
particulary in the largest markets, so Disney instructing O&O's to
decline the time buys is a legitimate corporate decision.  As far as the
non O&O Disney affiliates go, unless there is something in their
affiliation agreement barring those stations from accepting Dreamworks or
any other competitor's advertising, it sounds like the Mouse could be
cited for restraint of trade--that is if Dreamworks or one of the
independent affiliates wanted to push the issue.

Mike Thomas