Re: MUST READ Article in Salon.com

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 Jibguy@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/30/01 10:04:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dib9@gwi.net
> writes:
>
> << Portland, Maine, market #163.  I wonder how long it will be until they come
>  to town?
>   >>

> They're in Bangor.....   9 stations they (Clear Channel) own in that market,
> even if some are distant suburbs.....

Is that legal? Cumulus owns five stations and the Zonecorp (Stephen King's
company) where I work owns two stations, five plus two is seven.....I
thought no single company could own more then 50% of the market? Did I
miss any posts about this? This has been something I have been wondering
about since their acquisition of WWBX and WABI-AM.....it just doesn't seem
right nor fair to me.....of course I am somewhat biased too :)

Jeremy