RE: WGSR (Was: 89.3 pirate goes ID-crazy)

Adam Rivers wrote:
>>I know that the night countour is figuring that XERF 1570 is using 250kw at
>night (laugh...)
>
>-- What exactly do you mean? I'll check for it on my radio dial tonight.
>with 250,000 watts, it should get up here easily, I would assume.

The (laugh...) was because XERF does not broadcast with 250kW.  Between the
fact that the electrical system in Ciudad Acuna cannot handle that kind of
a load, and that the transmitter itself was never capable of running at
that much power the whole "250 kW Border Blaster" image was little more
than a bad joke.  I do believe the station is (or at least was) licensed
for 250kW.