Reed Hundt: 'We Did The Right Thing In '96'

<<On Thu, 3 May 2001 12:27:45 -0400, "Joseph Pappalardo" <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> said:

> While we are discussing the Telecom Act....FCC COmmisioner has no regrets!

My recollection is that most of the commissioners, including former
Chairman Hundt, were totally oblivious to the broadcasting-related
aspects of the Telecom Act.  They thought (perhaps erroneously) that
it would increase competition in the local phone and cable TV
industries, and that was the basis on which the bill was sold to the
public.

-GAWollman