Re: How The Industry Has Slipped

Chuck Igo wrote:

> this is almost depressing.  caught the following ad on the AllAccess Help
Wanted page...MORNING DRIVE ANCHOR -- WBAL RADIO <

To make it even more depressing, WBAL is owned by Hearst!

BTW, has anyone besides me been following the battle between the Blethens and
Knight-Ridder over operation of the Seattle Times?  The paper, despite having a
considerable circulation advantage over its rival and JOA partner the
Post-Intelligencer, is in serious financial straits and Knight-Ridder is
pressuring the Blethens to sell them the 50.5% they don't already own.  Under
the terms of the JOA, however,  Hearst (which owns the P-I) has right of first
refusal to
buy out the Blethens' stake.  Looks like another Chronicle/Examiner
scenario brewing... Incidentally, the Blethens also own the former Guy Gannett
papers in Maine; this has been a sticking point with K-R.

Take care,
Chris