Re: new FM allocations?

On 15 Apr 2001,  Garrett Wollman wrote:

> But, as we have seen with Alex Langer, the FCC is perfectly willing to
> make major changes to daytimers including moving stations a hundred
> miles or more, changing frequency, parameters, and community of
> license simultaneously -- as happened with WRPT.

WRPT was a special case, in that it was a station subject to being deleted
if it didn't get back on the air within a year of the passage of the
Telecommunications Act of 1996 (Hey Bob, is it time to flush the toilet
again?).  The FCC apparently was bending over backwards to help those
stations avoid deletion, including rapid processing of any necessary
applications for facilities changes.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/