Re: new FM allocations?

In a message dated 4/15/01 7:46:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steveord@wavewizard.com writes:

<< Isn't/wasn't there an AM allocation available in (I believe) Billerica?
 Somewhere in the middle of the band maybe?  Not likely that anyone would
 find enough land and make it thru the zoning red tape to make it ever
 happen, though.

Yes, it was on 720.  -beaming north daytime (to protect 740-Cambridge) and
beamimng east at night (to protect WGN-720-Chicago).  Two such different
beaming directions at 90-degree angle, would require a lot of land which
means there would be more Nimbys surrounding it.   I don't know why it died
though.
----jibguy