Re: Nail in streaming's coffin

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:43:16 -0400 SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>  How do they do this?  Does the station have to send SA a copy of >their
>log?  How do they handle agency spots in syndicated shows >(Casey Kasem,
>etc)?

    As a former Entercom employee, StreamAudio does have the capacity to
block local spots, but at least in the Rochester cluster that feature was
not up and running yet, as the over the air signal was being webcast 100% of
the time (only one station in that cluster was even webcasting last I knew).
  My guess is that Rochester is/was not the only Entercom market where this
situation existed, and they just aren't willing to spend money on streaming
audio now, so instead they just yanked all the streams to avoid the issue
altogether...

                                 Matt Osborne
                                 Hyde Park, NY