Re: Nail in streaming's coffin

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> There is (at least) one streaming outfit that does this, at least with
> stations that use Scott Studios automation.  The streaming company, whose
> name escapes me at the moment replaces the station's spots with its own (at
> present seemingly 90% PI spots).  The station puts a code at the beginning
> and end of their local stopset.  Not sure how it handles :30s & :15s.

This is essentially the same thing we do with our World Classical Network.
A program consisting of just music and intros/outros, without liners,
station ID's, or commercials, comes out of a Scott System in our back
room. Our stations on the Cape and Block Island each have a local Scott
System that inserts local material when called upon to do so by the main
system.

The same generic feed, with cues, is uplinked to our network affiliates
via satellite, who have various automation systems that respond to
the cues and insert their respective local content.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com