Merrily Down the Stream....

With stations pulling the audio plug on internet streaming audio, I
wonder what the "consumer" or market response will be?  A non-reaction?
I must say that as a Vermont transplant from the heart of the Boston
ADI, I've been grateful for audio streams.  (Although Igo's departure
from WROR made that link less of a fave for me....)  Would I pay a
rights fee to grab station audio?  Not ten bucks a month as it will
likely be, but fifty a year or something lame (just to get on the books)
would not dissuade.

As for AFTRA jocks uniting?  Kick butt, what butt you can find, that is,
in the lame ass world of radio.  Don't wear pointy shoes as your odds of
a direct hit will decrease exponentially.  Not a problem, since most
country stations are non-union, anyhow.

Bill O'Neill
"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." Garrison Keillor